Hello, hello! The extraction is over. Lost all my wisdom :-) since the wisdom teeth are gone. It went as well as it could. Now I am just waiting for my jaw to feel normal again, right now the jaw feels tuggy and tingly.
So it's a week of soft food and ice cream! Today I made a tomato soup and oven fries. Here is the recipe for the soup.
2 tsps olive oil
3 medium sized onions
6 large tomatoes
3 bouillon cubes (I use the non-salted Rapunzel brand found in Whole Foods)
Salt to taste
1. Dice the onions and quarter the tomatoes
2. Warm the oil in a stock pot
3. Saute the onions in the heated oil
4. When the onions are translucent toss in the tomatoes
5. Saute this mix for a couple of minutes
6. Add a 1.5 cups of water
7. Cover the stock pot and cook till the tomatoes go soft
8. Remove from heat when the tomatoes are soft. Add the 3 bouillon cubes, pepper and salt to taste and use an immersion mixer to puree this mixture.
9. Put the stock pot back on the stove, add a cup of water and let this come to boil.
It's pretty easy and I cheat. Instead of using the stock pot I use a pressure cooker to soften the onions and tomatoes.
You can garnish with croutons, or a sprig of mint or rosemary or a dollop of sour cream. I keep mine plain.